HEN Meeting Program
From 17th to 19th HEN Meeting + 20th to 23th Hakomi Experience
The International Hakomi Meeting 2019 is an opportunity for members of our global community to network, share ideas and best practices and to experience the thrill of being with colleagues from all over the globe.
For Trainers, Teachers, Certified Practitioners and Organizers
Tues Sept 17 afternoon
Time: 15:00 am to 18:30 with 30 minutes break
- Intro with Donna Martin and the Legacy team (experiential)
- Presentation of the newest resources for the Hakomi community: The Hakomi Way: Consciousness and Healing by Ron Kurtz, Loving Presence by Ron Kurtz and Donna Martin, Donna’s Martin’s new book, new teaching resources for trainers
- Website, Social Media, Newsletters with Georgia and Carlos Ramirez
- Presentation of the current HEN website with discussions of possible changes, funding and management. Presentation of social media and communication strategies currently in use.
Wed Sept 18
Time: 9:30am to 13:00 with 30 minutes break & 15:00 to 18:30pm with 30 minutes break
- Leadership and Decision Making
- Facilitator TBA : Workshop designed to explore and design a leadership model for the HEN international community.
- Grace Unfolding
- Understanding Hakomi through the lens of the Tao te Ching or learning the principles of Hakomi through Sensorimotor Hakomi practices inspired on the Tao te Ching. Introducing a model of inclusivity to teach and learn Hakomi in different cultures.
Thurs Sept 19 morning
Time: 09:30am to 13:00 with 30 minutes break
- Ethics with Trudy and team
- Presentation and discussion of the work completed by the ethics committee and a proposal for adoption of recommendations of that committee.
- Certification and Skillful Supervision with Caroline Braham and Donna Martin.
- A presentation of certification processes currently in use in the international community. Discussion groups will explore recommendations for consistency and quality in the system.
- Support in the system with Caroline Braham and Sabine Volkmann.
- As our community is constantly growing, one of the important topics is how Hakomi students, practitioners, teachers and trainers can get more support in the system. How can we use the rich experience within the wider community to share, inspire, discuss and assist each other?We want to move this process further to include more people and offer more possibilities of connecting. We also want to open the space to get a sense about ideas and needs, wishes about what people envisage.
Thurs Sept 19 afternoon
Time: 15:00 to 18:30pm with 30 minutes break.
- Hakomi Online with Georgia Marvin and team.
- Presentation of online Hakomi activities, introduction of Zoom technology and a proposal to trainers to create more online groups to help support the international system.
- Break out groups for trainers, teachers, organizers and practitioners.
- Topics for those groups will be generated from previous days’ topics.
¿Who is coming?
All teachers, trainers, certified practitioners and organizers are invited to attend the first part of the conference beginning the afternoon of the 17th followed by two complete days on the 18th and 19th of September. Some appointed students or prospect organizers can be elegible to join the HEN members to attend these innitial days. For more information contact: email@example.com
The second part on September 20th to 23th, we are calling the Hakomi Experience is open to any person interested. We are welcoming people curious and willing to “taste” the method as well as welcoming our most experienced Hakomi teachers and trainers. The Hakomi experience will be facilitated by legacy holders and international teams of trainers.
What will be doing?
At the first part, for HEN members, attendees will participate in 2.5 days of presentations, discussions and decision making for our international organization. The topics for these meetings will include leadership, ethics, online learning, HEN presence on the web and social media, certification processes, decision making processes, organizational strategies and written reports from trainings worldwide.
During the second part, the Hakomi Experience, we will present the work for the newcomers and also offer the opportunity for advanced students, teachers and trainers to deepen their skills and reflect upon the profound implications of the practice.
Our invitation to you is to come and celebrate Hakomi in a richly historic city and in a beautiful Basque university. We encourage you to use HEN in Bilbao as a platform to share your knowledge and broaden your networks, meet old friends and make new ones, and to celebrate the legacy of Ron Kurtz.
Please join us in making this HEN gathering an extraordinary experience and experiment in international collaboration.
If you have any query of just want to get in touch with the organizing committe in Hakomi Spain you can fill the form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org